News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: pain above neck and more

semag - Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:19 am

i woke up after sleeping on a couch, with an extreamily sore neck at least thats what i thought at first. i relized after not to long that it was actualy the bottom of my head. i asked my parents what it could be and they thought it was a injured mussle, i was weight lifting the yesterday but nothing involving heavy stress on my neck. I waited all day and it has gotten worse all day. now its night and it feals much worse and there is a presure on my neck itself. also i noticed a strange sore the side of my lip well actualy a little off my lip that i don't think was there before. is this worth visiting my doctor for? Should i make an apointment or go to urgent care? is there anything i can do? what is it? answering any of those question would be extreamily helpfull and moneysaving thank you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:43 am

User avatar Hello,
For the time being you should stop weight lifting till your neck feals better. You should always lift weights with moderation and under professional supervision. You can try taking a pain killer such as ibuprofen for a couple of days. If things do not improve or any new symptoms arise you should seek a medical appointment.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here