News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: medications for fibromyalgia

RBurdicx - Fri May 08, 2009 10:14 pm

I am a 31 year old female. I have a family history of migraines, MS and Parkinson’s. I've had headaches and muscle pain for at least 5 years. I was diagnosed in January with fibromyalgia by a Rheumatologist. I have tried Prozac, Nortriptyline, Inderal, Flexeril, Midrin, Naltrexone, Tylenol, Advil and Naxopren Sodium. I have also tried yoga, walking, and diet changes. I am not getting any pain relief. I suffer with severe migraines to the point of vomiting. I have daily tension headaches, muscle and joint pain in my whole body, occasional numbness and tingling in my extremities, sensations of cold liquid in my veins, my blood veins in my hands and arms enlarge to the point where it is painful and I have to elevate my hands to reduce the pressure. I am always getting sick with every bug that’s going around. I have insomnia. All my lab work has come back within normal ranges including Rheumatoid factor, CBC and thyroid. MRI of my SI joints shows no arthritis. I’m having a head CT on Tuesday. What else can I do? This is such a frustrating condition.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun May 17, 2009 10:18 pm

User avatar Hello,
You have described many symptoms along with history of Parkinsons and MS and fibromyalgia.
Multiple medications have failed to decrease the pain.

This is a tough situation (as you have stated).

Exercise certainly is indicated for fibromyalgia and should be continued especially with history of MS (although use some caution with intensity level) and Parkinsons.

Other things I would screen for would be diabetes (tingling in hands) and Lyme disease (especially with any history of tick exposure).

Take care and keep us updated on how things go.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here