News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Pain in Right Knee and Left Hip-Can Barely Walk

Jessicat2010 - Fri May 15, 2009 9:36 am

I am just 29 years old but in the last week my right knee started to hurt, exspecially when I tried to walk up the stairs I started taking one step at a time, left leg first then pulling right leg up. Then two days ago my left hip started to hurt, too. The pain in my hip is now far out doing the pain in my knee. With the two combined I really can barely walk... I was too scared to even carry around my 4 month old baby, scared I was going to fall. I am in pain sitting still, too! I don't remember any specific injury to cause all these problems I don't even know what Dr to call to help me or what could be wrong with me. Any ideas for help, please?!
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:03 pm

User avatar Hello,
I recommend starting with a visit to your family physician who can take your history and evaluate the limbs.

This may be something as simple as mild arthritis in the knee...but probably what happened is that the right knee pain started then by compensating to the left leg (using it more), the hip started hurting. This is very common.

Again, both sites of pain can be managed by your family physician.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here