Question: Leg pain due to circulation or pinched nerve

April Nelson - Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:22 pm

Wore tight underwear thursday, woke up friday my leg felt funny, woke up sat, limped around all day. Woke sun, morning & I was unable to get out of bed w/o help & pain, down advil's, soaked in hot bath w/epson salt (that felt good) slept w/pillow under leg, Monday, no differences, hard to get comfortable at night to sleep. I'm in great shape/health, did do any exercise or heavy lifting. some pain behind my knee and my leg get stiff and takes me back to square one after sitting for a long time. Had help putting my right sock on this morning
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:59 pm

User avatar Dear April:
I am not sure if you are saying you have just knee pain or pain throughout your leg. If you are having pain limited to the knee with morning stiffness then you may have arthritis in the knee. However if the pain is not limited to the knee joint and goes down the leg or if you have any numbness or tingling in the leg then you may have pressure on a nerve root coming from the spine. Either way a visit to the doctor should be able to point in which direction to go to find out what is causing it. There are mulitiple disorders that can have the symptoms you describe but without a thorough evaluation from your physician it would be impossible to tell you which one is your problem. If it is related to a pinched nerve in the spine then you would need that checked right away before any damage is done permenantly to the nerve.

Regards,
Carolyn

|