News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Leg pain due to circulation or pinched nerve

April Nelson - Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:22 pm

Wore tight underwear thursday, woke up friday my leg felt funny, woke up sat, limped around all day. Woke sun, morning & I was unable to get out of bed w/o help & pain, down advil's, soaked in hot bath w/epson salt (that felt good) slept w/pillow under leg, Monday, no differences, hard to get comfortable at night to sleep. I'm in great shape/health, did do any exercise or heavy lifting. some pain behind my knee and my leg get stiff and takes me back to square one after sitting for a long time. Had help putting my right sock on this morning
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:59 pm

User avatar Dear April:
I am not sure if you are saying you have just knee pain or pain throughout your leg. If you are having pain limited to the knee with morning stiffness then you may have arthritis in the knee. However if the pain is not limited to the knee joint and goes down the leg or if you have any numbness or tingling in the leg then you may have pressure on a nerve root coming from the spine. Either way a visit to the doctor should be able to point in which direction to go to find out what is causing it. There are mulitiple disorders that can have the symptoms you describe but without a thorough evaluation from your physician it would be impossible to tell you which one is your problem. If it is related to a pinched nerve in the spine then you would need that checked right away before any damage is done permenantly to the nerve.

Regards,
Carolyn

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here