News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Posibly scleroderma, pos ANA, SCL-70 and simptoms

natatata - Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Hello doctor,
i had a blood test that showed ANA positive(114) and scl-70(2.5). I didn't have any signs of reumatic diasease, only allergies, that's why doctor ordered blood tests for me. Haif a year later i started to have weird signs such as swolen salivary gland( under the tongue, one side),dry mouse, dry eyes(not much), fever 99F or less, heartburn( that doesn't go away with prilosac) and today i notice i have white oval shape spot on my cheek and it surrounded by small blood vessels....
My reumatologyst keep saing that it's not scleroderma, not Sjogren or any other autoim. diaseases.
What do you think it could be? And are there any tests that can show for sure what i have?
thank you
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:31 am

User avatar Hello,The description of the oral leisions are of oral lichen planus and would respond to external application of steroids.Alternate diagnosis of moniliasis an yeast infection also is a possiblity.Good wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here