Question: hands so painful and seems like locking

giosey - Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:11 am

Hello good morning,

I am 30 years old. My hands kinda weird like a numb or worst, its like when my hands are not doing anything I will feel the pain all over and when i tried to open it or move it, its kinda locked. This happened during my first pregnancy last 2004. My OBGYN told me it will fade right after i gave birth. True enough it went away.

Last 2007, during pregnancy again, I suffered the same symtoms but which much pain and sometimes i will just tripped off or mostly feel pain in my legs/feet. I assumed that it will go away just like my OBGYN told me. But it became worst every winter. I stand 4 '11 and weigh 120 lbs. Recently I tried to lose weight and to my amazed, it worked. I could say it totally gone to the point that I can drive for hours without shaking my hands just to relax it for like every 3 minutes. Then I gained 10 lbs again and started to feel the pain again. So i guess its my diet or arthritis?

Now, just last night, my left arm just almost beside my armpit, I felt the pain, prior to that, I always feel pain in my chest or heartburn. But last night just the pain in my armpit. Pain is tolerable but it is uncomfortable and like pointing pain. I decided not to take a pain reliever because I want to observe what will happen. Now when i wake up in the morning, I have the same pain like in my armpit spread through my fingers particularly all the way to my thumb. I have also pain in my right ear. (I have seen by a Doctor and told me that my eardrum is almost totally gone like they recommend for a surgery to fix it. But it was not infected, no discharge or anything. ) I don't have pain even i have problem with my right ear. I don't have fever and discharge up to now, not even infected. Now I have pain and since then this pain in my chest and then left armpit.

Please help me enlighten becasue I am think it could be a heart problem with regards to my armpit problem and my pain all over my fingers and sometimes feet/legs.

Thank you very much.'

Goisey
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:17 pm

The armpit pain is not likely due to a heart problem since you are young. If you have any congenital heart problems, certainly have a cardiac assessment.
The hand issue could be something as simple as carpal tunnel syndrome. Shaking the hands free of numbness is a classic sign.
However since other parts of the body seems to becoming arthritic then check in with your physician to consider testing for rheumatological problems (e.g. rheumatoid or lupus).
You may screen for diabetes as well.

|