News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Pain in the foot

Sand runner - Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:13 pm

Hello, about 2 years ago I was in a accident on a 4-wheeler. I stretched my tendents and ligaments in my ankle and foot. Went to the ER. I was put in a boot and on crutches. No weight berring for 3 weeks. Then I could try to walk with the boot, for the next 3 weeks. After that I was put in a smaller boot until I could get around good. I was in physical therapy for about 4-5 weeks. I went to my foot dr and told him I was still having pain in my arch. He had a MRI done and it showed a small bone spur (or the ex-ray did) but he was not concered about it. He gave me arch supports and said I should be fine. 5 months later here I am with a pain on the bottom of my foot( around the arch/right before my heal starts on the bottom. I can push on it and find the exact spot. It hurts to walk on it and if I have to stand I can not put any weight on it. and it just aches and throbs after the end of the day. Has some swelling. Do you think I should go back to make sure there is not bone spur or could it be something else?

Thank you
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:46 am

User avatar Hi Sand runner,
A bone spur can be quite painful and is easily detected by xray. I would suggest a re-evaluation so if this is what is causing your problem treatment options may be pursued.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here