Question: Pain in the foot

Sand runner - Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:13 pm

Hello, about 2 years ago I was in a accident on a 4-wheeler. I stretched my tendents and ligaments in my ankle and foot. Went to the ER. I was put in a boot and on crutches. No weight berring for 3 weeks. Then I could try to walk with the boot, for the next 3 weeks. After that I was put in a smaller boot until I could get around good. I was in physical therapy for about 4-5 weeks. I went to my foot dr and told him I was still having pain in my arch. He had a MRI done and it showed a small bone spur (or the ex-ray did) but he was not concered about it. He gave me arch supports and said I should be fine. 5 months later here I am with a pain on the bottom of my foot( around the arch/right before my heal starts on the bottom. I can push on it and find the exact spot. It hurts to walk on it and if I have to stand I can not put any weight on it. and it just aches and throbs after the end of the day. Has some swelling. Do you think I should go back to make sure there is not bone spur or could it be something else?

Thank you
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:46 am

User avatar Hi Sand runner,
A bone spur can be quite painful and is easily detected by xray. I would suggest a re-evaluation so if this is what is causing your problem treatment options may be pursued.

|