Question: Tired of not feeling well

mrstrailside - Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:06 pm

Hi, I'm a 36 year old woman who is happily married with 3 children and I can honestly say I don't feel good 80% of the time. I went to the Dr. in July with the following symptoms: extreme fatigue (I have to nap at least once a day), periodical weakness, sore joints on and off, dizziness, inability to focus or concentrate, ongoing sinus headache, irritated stomach and nausea( especially after eating). She did full bloodwork and told me I was text book healthy. Everything in normal range and no signs of arthritis. Told me it was stress and being that I'm busy, I decided to take that into consideration. Well, 7 months have passed and I still feel terrible. I really am not stressed anymore than the average person. The fatigue and inability to concentrate is killing me.It really makes it hard to function on a daily basis. I am always cold, and my hairdresser has found a fairly large bald spot on the back of my head (the good news is the hair is growing back.) I forget what it feels like to go through a day and just feel normal. I walk every day (pretty much force myself), don't smoke, drink and I'm not over weight. I live in a very small town with a shortage of Dr's. The one I currently have is leaving in May. I would really like some suggestions if anyone can help me. Thank you for your time.
 missmoo - Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:16 pm

I felt like you for about 10 years.... with additional vague symptoms too.

Research Intestinal Candidiasis (or Yeast Syndrome), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Epstein Barr. You may find alot of doctors don't recognise these problems, but believe me they are real I got an excellent book on yeast related diseases (PM me if you want the name, can get it cheap on Amazon etc) and was FLOORED at how ME it was.

With the help of a naturopath I changed my lifestyle diet and feel 1000% better. I wake up at 8am now instead of midday (I'd sleep12-15 hours a night), can move more freely, rarely have sinus infections (used to be wvery 2 weeks), have way more energy and feel like there is something to live for now.

It's clearly not Thyroid or Diabetes related or your bloods should have picked that up.

I have NEVER been a 'natural' medicine and 'change yor diet' kind of person - gimme a prescription and I was happy, but regular medicine hasnt' helped and this did, in a matter of weeks.

If you want any more info PM me. Feel better soon :)
 nichademus - Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:42 am

To me, the symptoms sound like it could be Fibromyalgia. My mother and brother were both diagnosed with it and it is somewhat similar to CFS. It seems a lot of people (including some doctors) either have never heard or it or doubt its existence. If you do a Google search on it you will find some good info.

|