News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Raynauds, UTI, Heart problems, Joint pain and stiffness

kaelbell - Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:21 am

Hi I am 34 years old. Have been having a hard time lately with horrible neck and back pain, fatigue, frequent UTIs (although going to urologist he said some people just get these despite what they do) my head shakes occasionally and hands shake alot. I get sick frequently. I cant help but wonder could it be some underlying problem thats easily fixed instead of seeing so many Dr.s... My most frequent diagnosis DEPRESSION.. I hate this because I am such a happy person normally the only time I get a little down is when I feel soo bad, and knowone listens. Everything I complain about is diagnosed. One Doctor even went as far as taking a blood test for MS which was negative, when the negative test came back she again wanted to put me on antidepressants. I have tried every type of antidepressant out of desperation and nothing works. I am desperate for someone to hear me out. I feel awful sometimes and then some months I feel great. I just feel like everything is related and not seperate problems.. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated.. Thank You
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:26 am

User avatar Hi,
On a forum like this, it is highly difficult to offer opinions because we lack one very important aspect in patient management namely, clinical examination of the patient.

Especially in cases such as yours, with a multiplicity of symptoms and signs, it is but impossible to 'guess' what diagnosis would explain all of your symptoms.

However, if all your complaints have to be brought under one umbrella, my choice (my guess, rather!) would be 'Hypovitaminosis D'.

Vitamin D malnutrition is being increasingly recognised and diagnosed even in developed countries (increasing numbers of elderly individuals, individuals in old age homes and hospices, lack of out-door activity and other life-style changes).

Vitamin D malnutrition has been linked to an increased susceptibility to several chronic diseases, such as tuberculosis, periodontal disease, high blood pressure, cancer, chronic pain,multiple sclerosis, peripheral artery disease, seasonal affective disorder,cognitive impairment,and several autoimmune diseases including type 1 diabetes.

There is an association between low levels of vitamin D and Parkinson's disease, but whether it is the cause or the effect is unclear.

It may not be a bad idea to have your vitamin D levels checked.
Best wishes!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here