News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Muscle Spasms/Cramps

smithy - Sat May 21, 2005 7:24 pm

Hi,

For a few years now I have had bouts of muscles spasms/cramps. Sometimes they are worse than others and sometimes they don't occur at all.

They appear similtaniously in my hands and legs down to feet and i also get a tightening around my mouth. They only occur when start a sudden movement, for example when i stand up from the sofa or when playing sports if i suddenly break into a sprint from standing. They are very annoying and embarrassing as I literally cant move properly for aobut 30 seconds with my fingers jarred open.

I asked my own doctor and he said it was a lack of calcium and i should drink more milk, this didnt work.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be and how i could prevent them??

Dr. S. Adhikari - Mon May 23, 2005 2:33 pm

Take some Vitamin E and antioxidants and let me know how you feel after 2 weeks.
 kpow2887 - Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:57 am

my husband has leg and arm spasms at night when he's going to sleep and even when he is sleeping.He also jumps in his sleep.It doesn't happen during the day just when we are going to bed.I don't know why it happens,I am wondering if some one here can help me. Thank you

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here