News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Persistent Knuckle Injury

JF - Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:06 am

About eight months ago, I injured my knuckle during a martial arts practice session. Due to an incorrect breaking attempt, the top half the middle knuckle on my dominant hand got pushed back slightly and a small, somewhat soft lump formed on the bottom half of the same knuckle, jutting out. I’ve had to give up boxing, one of my favorite pastimes, as any attempt at bagwork causes this knuckle to creak and groan sickeningly during motion afterwards. Also, I’ve had intermittent pain in that finger and knuckle since the injury. There has been little or no improvement in condition over this entire period.
Have I done some injury to the associated ligament? If so, can it be repaired? Can I risk ignoring the injury and returning to practice, or will this cause permanent injury?
Thank you for your time.
 thisguy - Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:00 pm

Hey- I have a nice little bubble on my knuckle from breaking wood too. Was curious if you got any feedback on this yet? what was the end result? r u able to box again? I haven't gone to the doctor yet and haven't resumed hitting things. It's been about three weeks.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here