News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Aching arms

Suze - Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:09 pm

Can anyone please tell me why my arms ache for around a week after a long haul flight (no jokes please - this is serious!!). I take 13-14 hour flights approximately five times a year and afterwards my arms are killing me. Coupled with the jet lag it really gets me down as it wakes me up at night. I am an active person and walk a lot and run at the gym so I don't think that lack of exercise is an issue. Any clues?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:37 pm

User avatar Suze,
A few questions: Where is the pain situated or at least most pronounced? What type of neuralgia did your mother have exactly?
 Suze - Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:36 am

Around the elbow and forearm area. My mother actually has Polymyalgia Rheumatica. I am also suffering neck problems from damaging the muscles that run from my head to my neck after lifting a heavy object, sorry neglected to tell you this.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:54 am

User avatar Suze,
You've already established the cause of the neck pain. If you haven't been examined by a rheumatologist then you should. You may also need to perform a CAT scan or MRI to assess the problem. Treatment will mostly be composed of various physiotherapy techniques.
Regarding your arm ache, I would like you to read this information about ulnar palsy (especially Cubital Canal Syndrome) and tell me if that sounds similar to your complaint.

Click here!

Best wishes!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here