News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Flatfeet

flatfoot - Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:17 pm

I am not sure where to place this question really but i thought this was the closest i found. I have sever flat feet and was told at a young age i would be in a wheel chair by my 21st birthday because flat feet afect the hips ... that opinion has changed now to when i am 35 i will be in a wheel chair ... what i do not understand is how my flat feet afect my hips. and if there is anything i can do to prolong a wheel chair
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:38 pm

User avatar Hello,

Flatfeet doesn't cause problems in the majority of people.
The lower parts of the legs usually go into changes to accommodate for this condition and to reduce the possible complications.
It may result in ankles, knees and hips pain due to disturbed body's alignment.

Most of the problems that are causes ed by flat foot are either preventable or treatable.

Flat foot rarely cause serious complication like debilitating arthritis in the foot and ankle, ( to my knowledge).

You have to discuss with your doctor if there is any associated disease or medical problem that would make him expect this complication. And if any, how to avoid that.

Another important question, do you have any symptoms or chronic problems?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here