News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: going crazy

goinginsane - Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:17 am

I am 35 yrs old. I have joint pain so bad that I can't move sometimes. It is like my joints lock up on me. I have had blood tests done and a ct scan which all come back normal. I feel as if the doctors don't take me seriously! This is very painful. There are days when I can't even go to the bathroom without help. Went to rhuematologist and he said I didnt have rhuematiod arthritis. He gave me muscle relaxers and pain pills. Both do no good. I can't get relief from anything that I have tried..Can you give me a possible solution? Any advice is more than welcome
 Jackie E. Pool, LPN - Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:49 am

User avatar Hi, sorry you are having theses problems.
What tests have you had done. ANA, RA Factor? If these tests were not done, I would seek out another doctor. Is the pain only in the joints? A little more info please.
 goinginsane - Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:19 am

Nurse2 wrote:Hi, sorry you are having theses problems.
What tests have you had done. ANA, RA Factor? If these tests were not done, I would seek out another doctor. Is the pain only in the joints? A little more info please.

Yes I have had ana and ra factor done...all normal! Pain starts in joints but it feels like the whole bones in involved. I also have pitting edema in lower legs.
 tikka - Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:39 pm

When I was thirty five, I had similar issues. Turned out the Ehlers-Danlos I knew I had since my days being a "freak for harvard medical" as my dad called it, was manifesting in a worse way than just minor subluxations.

My joints started to lock up, and freeze, and the pain would be mind numbing. There are some tests you can take to find out if you have EDS, and you can read more about it at ednf.org. But since then, I've been put on morphine and muscle relaxants to make it so I can at least move around.

Also, if you go to any of the arthritis foundation sites, you will see there are so many versions of it.. in my case, its more tendon related, which just get stretched without snapping back, so the bones all rub together. It didn't show up on xrays for a full three years.

Hang in there.

Tikka

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here