News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Totally numb on the top of my left foot.

sjmandc617 - Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:26 pm

I am posting this to hopefully get some clues as to how and why this is happening. This all started about a week ago. My right arm and wrist started to feel weak, went to bed and the next morning and had severe pics and needles from my elbow to the tips pf my fingers. After 3 days it went away but my arm still feels weak.. it is sluggish. After the tingling went away my left foot just totally went numb on the top (except for my 4th and 5th toe). I am worried about this because I had gestational diabetes with both of my children and it has been less than a year since I had my last child. I also have thyroid problems ( I was diagnosed as being subclinical with hypothyroidism and as having a goiter and nodules on my thyroid.)

Any info or thoughts would be appriciated.

Thanks
 footscreen - Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:09 pm

When was the last time that you had any blood work done? If it has been over 6 months, I would consider having this done again. Both hypothyroid and diabetes can cause peripheral neuropathy (which can cause numbness, tingling and burning) in the extremities. They may at some point need to do a nerve conduction study.
 snuggle - Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:07 pm

when i sit and gross my legs i get a tingle feeling in my left foot and the left side of my upperback feels numb and tingles

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here