Question: Lupu?

animal lover - Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:16 am

Hello, This is my first time on a forum. I had an ANA test run~2yrs ago was +, then went to a rheu.~4months later feeling much better and when results of blood work came back it was fine. Then I was diag. with hyperthyroid and treated for ~1.5 yrs, normal now. All this time though still have fatigue, brain fog, muscle fatigue, chronic vaginitis/yeast infections, headaches, low grade fevers @ night, rec. diag. with arthritus, and get SEVERE and very painful canker sores in my mouth ( by the 100's) and vaginal ones too. Married for 8yrs faithfully by both of us. Vision has gotten bad, always had GREAT sight. I have finally found a Dr. willing to listen to me. She said to come in when I feel symptoms are bad and she will run some tests. In your professional opinion does it sound like I have Lupus? The only thing is I don't have the facial rash.
Thanks for your time,
animal lover
 animal lover - Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:46 pm

Would someone please respond to my post? I posted a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks,
animal lover
 Jackie E. Pool, LPN - Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:26 pm

User avatar I am truly sorry it has taken so long for someone to respond to you. Have you had complete blood work done recently? A Cmp. or CBC. If you will answer these questions, we will go from there.
 animal lover - Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:17 am

Thanks for your response. I wasn't sure if I have been doing this right. Yes I have had blood work done. The results were everything normal but ANA pos. and liver enzymes high.
 Jackie E. Pool, LPN - Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:05 pm

User avatar Hi, Hope this will answer some of your questions.

Lupus can affect many parts of the body, including the joints, skin, kidneys, heart, lungs, blood vessels, and brain..

The following are the most common symptoms of Lupus:
Painful or swollen joints and muscle pain
Unexplained fever
Red rashes, most commonly on the face
Chest pain upon deep breathing
Unusual loss of hair
Pale or purple fingers or toes from cold or stress (Raynaud's phenomenon)
Sensitivity to the sun
Swelling (edema) in legs or around eyes
Mouth ulcers
Swollen glands
Extreme fatigue

Please note that most of your complaints are listed. Keep working with your doctor, sounds like she is on the right track.
 samrut - Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:55 pm

Dear animal lover,
Yes, all of your symtems are those of lupus patients. Lupus can be very hard to diagnose and sometimes you must search hard to find a doctor that really knows how to find the answer. I suggest you keep at it until you find a good rheumatologist whos specialty is lupus and related disorders. Hope this helps you, let us know how you are doing.
Samrut, RN

|