News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Rheumatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Rheumatology Answers List

Forum Name: Rheumatology Topics

Question: Degenerative Meniscus not sport related

CJ - Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:37 pm

Hello,

I recently had a MRI had was told I have a lateral degenerative meniscus. I am currently under county hospital care due to losing my job from difficulty walking and as grateful as I am for the treatment I have yet to get a possible cause from a MD. I am in my mid twenties and have had horrible back problems since I can recall, which recently include numbness in between my shoulders and numbness in my right fingers. I injured my right knee about two years ago and had sharp pain in the back of it (center only) with the snapping and after a few months it appeared to fine. So here I am two years later with a knee that has landed me in ER three times in addition to right knee trouble my shoulders, ankles, and left knee seem to crack/snap more each day. Now I can understand "bones" may make noises but this is all accompanied by severe a pain that lasts for hours, unlike any I have know. I have tried all treatment for my back trouble and now with the MRI results I am very concerned the cause is something more serious. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, CJ
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:29 am

User avatar Hi!

Have you discussed with the orthopedician regarding your ailment? What is your assessment of your own situation? What is your major concern now? How can I help you?
 CJ - Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:54 am

Hello, Thanks for responding. I have tried to speak w/ the doctors I have seen however @ USC County Hospital even w/ an appointment I usually wait 6-8 hours, the doctors there are very busy and everytime I attempt to discuss concerns or other symptoms I get a "confused stare" from them. Symptoms to me appear as an early on set of Osteoarthritis. My concerns are my legs, the days I cant walk terrify me. As sad as it sounds the pain I am use to, although I would give just about anything to have one week go by w/o vomiting from pain caused by neck/headaches. If I continue at this rate where will I be ten years from now? Once again thanks, much appreciated
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:18 pm

User avatar Hi!

Since this has been an ongoing problem, I would suggest you maintain a symptom note book, to detail all your problems daily. By the time of each visit to your doctor, show him/her your worst and best days passed. This can help tailor your medications to suit your lifestyle. 10 years from now, anything can happen. A well-built, healthy guy can get into an automobile accident and become quadriplegic forever, 10 years from now. You might be seen to walk around comfortably with improvement in science bringing about a cure to your problems, 10 years from now. But, until then, let's take one day at a time.

Are you on any medications now?

-bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here