Question: getting worse, half diagnosis, please help

gimpy - Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:58 am

I have been having problems for the last couple of years and this past year is getting really bad. To start off I do have to herniated disks. L4-5 and L5s1. Last febuary I started getting spots on my legs. mostly lower legs. They are dark reddish varying in size from a speck to half an inch. I had two biopsies done. The first said vasculitis. I was then sent to pittsburgh to the upmc rheumatology clinic. They said the second biopsy was abnormal but was not specific. They had the first biopsy slide sent to their pathologist. They say both are abnormal but nonspecific. The dermatologist down there said they think lupus but the rheumatologist says nothing. I had a biopsy from my stomach because my abdomen constantly hurts. That one came back severe gastritis but they said it wasn't a good enough sample. I constantly have urinary problems. tests found blood one time. Have difficulty starting and flow starts and stops uncontrollably. Very frequent urge to go. No infection found. All blood test are normal. Also suffering from migraines,eyes blurring,fatigue,weakness,intolerable to cold,sick if in heat and sun for long,bowel pain and constipation,moodiness almost always irritated. None of the medications they have given me have helped at all. I have an appointment dec 7 at the cleveland clinic. I feel like i'm going to go insane if I can't at least get some relief. Any advice or possibilities are appreciated.
 missingamanda17 - Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:22 pm

Especially for the symptoms like headaches, blurriness, fatique, weakness, If you are taking meds including OTC meds, make sure you check all the side effects and adverse effects of them. It is something most people and even doctors don't always think of when someone has clusters of unexplained symptoms, but sometimes can be the cause. For instance prevacid can cause abdominal pain, but most people would never connect that because it is supposed to help with that right?
Good luck on your appt- hope you find the answers you are looking for.

|