Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: surgery

NASHUA - Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:59 pm

I am going to have surgeryJjan. 3 rd on my bladder however my EKG shows I'm not getting enough blood to my heart , I had a STRESS TEST a CATHETERZATION and DYE INJECTED CAT SCAN BLOOD WORK AND CHEST XRAY all came back normal but my EKG still shows not enough blood going to my heart , Nov.2002 I had a mylogram and three days later I shot a blood clot in each lung ,I got hurt in 1985 and have had 7 back operations and a total of 20 different operations so I'm not sure what to do ,my mother went to have sinius operation and died of CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE and my Father before he died also had heart problems .
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:09 am

User avatar Hi NASHUA,
A physician would rely on the results of all of the studies and not just the EKG alone. If the Cardiac Cath and stress test results were within normal limits then a Cardiologist's clearance based on all of the studies would be given. A Cardiac Cath and stress test are better diagnostics indicating blood flow, blockage, etc. EKG results (although this is a good diagnostic study) may be altered for many reasons including lead placement. Good Luck with your procedure. Our best wishes.
 NASHUA - Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:23 am

Theresa Jones, RN wrote:Hi NASHUA,

NASHUA - Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:25 am

Theresa Jones, RN wrote:Hi NASHUA,

Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:36 am

User avatar Hi NASHUA,
Thank you for using http://www.doctorslounge.com
Good Luck with your procedure and when your time permits an update would be appreciated.
 NASHUA - Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:14 pm

NASHUA wrote:
Theresa Jones, RN wrote:Hi NASHUA,
Well Theresa Jones ,RN getting back to you they put the trial Bladder stimulator in and so far <the first night it leaked 2X's the next night 3X's the Dr. said if this didn't work out ,that's when thing get coplicated , as they will not use my Bladder they would probably remove it and I would use a bag , he said that would be a very serious operation with a lot of risks , but I can't go on living my life the way it is now always leaking ,and being a prioner im my own homenot being able to go out,now these next two weeks I'm going to be be a nervous wreck ,what do I do now?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:47 am

User avatar Hi NASHUA,
I am quite sorry to hear that the results aren't as good as hoped for presently. I can certainly understand your nervousness and anxiety over the whole situation. However, ask yourself this question...... is worrying going to actually change the outcome one way or another? The answer, when you stop and think about it is no, it will not change the outcome one way or another. Essentially your wasting energy on something you have absolutely no control over. Worry about things you can change and do something about it. The rest of the things and situations that you have no control over changing will work themselves out one way or another. I wish you the best of luck.
 NASHUA - Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:42 pm

they put the Bladder STIMULATOR in Jan.3rd today is the 8th I still have blood draing and my wife has been chsnging the dressing 3 times a day and still goo size amounts of blood all but 1 day I've leaked today was the worst ,talk about a bad way to start a new year. The Dr. told me if this didn't worl they would do a operation that would bypass my BLADDER and go into a bag , he said it was a very serious operation and it could have complications but I don't know what else I can do . I really think I made a mistake when he told me and my wife that it wouldn't leak because there was a valve inside my bladder and the only way to open it was with the cath going in and that would open the valve to drain my urine and I fell for it hook line and sinker and look at all the problems I have now .Be honest should I talk with a lawyer or not I'M so depressed my regular Dr. had to put me onlexapro 20 MG .I just don't know what to do ? please try to advise me or stear me in the right direction thank you NASHUA
 NASHUA - Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:30 pm

Well that Bladder stimulator Didn't work so I go in Tues. Jan.17, to have a sugery to remove it now the Dr. has said he may do a bypass so my urine will go into a bag , they finally listened to me and took a urine sample from me because I kept telling them I thought I had a UTI as it turns out I have a Bladder infection a person knows there body I could tell bye the way my urine smelled when I was doing a cath it smelled like old fish ,so I knew something was wrong so right now as of this Tuesday I'll be back to square 1 I'll still be leaking out my stoma,and not knowing what will come next it sure is frustrating thanks for your time NASHUA
 NASHUA - Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:27 pm

My Dr. tried the Bladder stimulator , but we had bad luck and they removed it on Jan. 17 TH , now he was saying that he may have to do a BLADDER BY-PASS , he was telling me this is a very serious operation ,but never told me how long , when they put in my Mitro Stoma operation that was 5 hours long , he said this is a much longer operation ,do you know how long of a peration this is ?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:50 am

User avatar Hi NASHUA,
If your inquiry is an urinary diversion, generally speaking, the procedure may be 4-6 hrs but depending on the situation may be as long as 10. You will certainly want to make a list of questions to ask your physician prior to the procedure so that you are prepared for the procedure itself, hospital stay and recovery time. Here are a couple of links with information regarding urinary diversions. I hope this is somewhat helpful.
Click here!
Click here!
 NASHUA - Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:17 am

I just want to thank you for directingme to that web site it's has given me quite a bit of information and help me under stand on how your body works on the inside and the different ways they could be doing these procedures so you have help me alot thanks again NASHUA
 NASHUA - Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:01 pm

Hello again , My name is NASHUA and I'm 49 year old male who has had the MITRO STOMA operation since I got hurt in 1985 I've had 22 operations and right now I'm now down to taking 12 medications at one point I was up to 16 but some are over the counter like baby aspirin and fishoil ,my DR. has put off the operation ,he has me seeing a specialist to try to retrain my bladder , because that operation is a very serious one so he's trying to avoid it ,only if all else fails , I want to thak you for all your help and encouragement , you've helped me out a lot thanks NASHUA
 NASHUA - Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:46 pm

I'm a 49 tear old male I have a NEUROGENIC BLADDER caused from nerve damage from 7 back operations since I got hurt at work in 1985 I've had 22 operations in Aug.2005 I had a MITROFANOF operation and have a Stoma that goes from my bellybutton through my Appendix and into my Bladder and there is a valve inside my Bladder that when I put the cath in it open up the valve and I drain my Bladder like that , howevermy Bladder has spasms and I leak all the time , they tried mediccations, BOTOX injections , a Bladder Stimulator ,and they have all failed ,now I'm using a system named CONVATEC , which consists of a wax o ring ,a wax oring that has a plastic ring , and a plasic bag with a drain and that snaps on the wax ring like tupper ware and if I leak it's supposed to cathch the urine but it doesn't instead when I open it to cath I squirt all over so this is my question., can that Mitro stoma operation be reversed and taken back out?

|