Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Lump on top of head

sfields - Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:11 pm

I am a 30 yr old male. I have a lump on the top of my head. I have had it for atleast 10+ years. It use to be the size of maybe a gumball, was hard, and could move around fairly easily with no pain. In the last few weeks I have noticed that it has begin to swell and has beginning to hurt as well. I thought that maybe it was like a pimple and actualy tried to punture it with a needle a couple days ago because it hurts so much from the preasure. There was no fliud and very little blood that came out. This concerns me because I have had small wounds on my head that guss blood. I also have headaches when I try to brush my hair, wear a hat, or even when the wind is blowing my hair. I do have slight blured vision at times in one of my eyes at a time, but this has been going on for almost a year. I do not have insurance or very much money to see a doctor. I am hopeing this is not a brain tumer because I don't know much about them. My family does not have any history of this but do have a history of diabeties and cancer. Please got back to me as soon as posiable. Thank you!
 Dr. Tino Anthony Solomon - Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:21 am

Hello there,

Please provide us with more information about the lump. In order to try and identify it, you should describe its size, shape, surface contours, consistency, colour, duration of appearance, change in size and appearance anywhere else on your body. Please also give further details about you medical history. If possible a picture of the lump would be ideal as the differential can be enormous.

Kind Regards,

Tino Solomon
BSc(Hons) MBBS
Senior House Officer in Surgery

|