News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Lipoma extraction 4 years ago

hollnbrand - Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:13 pm

Female 31 yrs

Dx in 2002 with lipoma on upper R thigh. The surgeon recommended removal because it was growing at a quick rate. After removal, benign results, a 6 inch scar, and nerve damage, I was told it wouldn't come back. I cannot feel most sensations from the scar to the outside of the knee and I have hip pain and stiffness on the right side. I have now developed an even larger mass just below the incision site. Is it possible the pain and stiffness is related to the new mass? What other possibilities could it be?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:14 pm

User avatar Hello,

The fibrosis occurred in the site of previously removed mass may result in nerve affection and neurological symptoms in the local area mainly distal to it.

The fact that you have developed new lesion is considerable and should be properly investigated. It may add more pressure on the underlying nerves and vessels.

But that fact that your symptoms are also present proximal to it, make it more likely to be due to more than a cause, as you mentioned in another section that you also have lumbar disc prolapse, this is also of consideration.

I advise you to follow up with your Doctor.
Keep us updated.
Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here