News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Hernia

conimus - Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:20 am

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the problems can be when someone has a paramedian hernia on location L1-L2 (right).

Thank you!

Best regards

Danny
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:26 pm

User avatar Hi Danny,
Disc prolapse in L1-2 may lead to signs of weakness in the right lower limbs (legs). It may also affect the nerve roots that leave the spinal cord at the its termination (cauda equina). This may be accompanied by sensory changes such as sensory loss and pain in the right leg.
 conimus - Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:31 am

Hello,

A month ago my doctor has made a MRI-scan because I have serious pain on the front of my right upper-leg and the area that is a little higher.(I don't know how to call it in english)
The pain goes from my right upper-leg to my back. The pain get's heavier when I'm moving, take my clothes/shoes on/off, walking, sleeping, every move I make etc.
The feeling in that leg is not there. It feels dead...

The MRI says that there is a big paramedian hernia on L1-L2(right).

Can anyone tell me if the pain that I have is because of that hernia.
And what pain/problems comes normaly with this hernia on this location?

Best regards

Danny Mulderij
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:17 pm

User avatar Danny,
The symptoms you describe are a result of the disc hernia. You should seek your doctors help in deciding the best type of therapy for you. Hernias at that location may also lead to paralysis of the muscles of the right thigh and leg muscles.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here