News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Haemorrhoidectomy and Anal Fistula surgery recovery query

reachkumaran - Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:39 pm

I was suffering from anal fistula since 8 months. Last week, I was operated for this problem as well as anal fissure and .Haemorrhoidectomy through some staple technique. Its been 6 days since the surgery, I am getting yellowish watery discharge along with some blood from the anus. My doctor says this is normal, but i am not fully convinced. I am using surgeical pads which get wet every 2-3 hours and I have to replace them. I am currently taking some medication and doing sitz bath 4-5 times a day. I would like to know if this is normal and also how long will this discharge continue. My doctor had told me that I could go back to work within a week, but now I am not sure if I could because of the need to change the wet surgical pads every 3 hours. Please advise if I could take some other medication to sort this issue and also if I should visit a second surgeon in person.

Age - 32
Sex - Male
Current Medication -
Nimulid (pain killer)
Zanocin
Daflon
Rantac
Zevit
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:49 pm

User avatar Recovery time varies depending on the person and surgery. I suspect that your recovery is still within normal. Your drainage still sounds to be within normal range as well.

If you begin to have increased amounts of blood, or if the flow begins to increase you should see your doctor soon.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here