Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: MEDICAL QUESTION I NEED PEACE OF MIND

BERTO - Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:45 am

RECENTLY I POSTED PROBLEMS UPON RELEASING BOWEL MOVEMENTS I WAS PLACED ON ATIBIOTICS AND PLACED ON A LOW FIBER DIET. I WAS EXPERIENCING LOTS OF BLOATING AND WHEN I WOULD USE THE BATHEROOM THERE WAS LITTLE MUCOUS IN MY STOOL. I NOW REALIZED I HAVE A LITTLE BALL IN MY UMBILICAL AREA AND WHEN I COUGH IT PROTRUDES OUTWARD. TODAY I FEEL BLOATEDNESS AND TIGHTNESS IN AND BELOW THAT AREA COULD THIS BE AN UMBILICAL HERNIA ALSO WHEN I SPEAK LOUDLY OR AM IN AN ARGUMENT I NOTICED A BIT OF DIZZINESS COULD THIS BE WHAT I HAVE HAD ALL ALONG?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:19 am

User avatar Berto,
I strongly recommend you get a proper medical examination. It looks like you do have an umbulical hernia. This diagnosis has to be established then a cause for your hernia has to be found.
 BERTO - Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:50 pm

FOUND OUT IT IS AN UMBILICAL HERNIA CAUSE IS BECAUSE OF LIFTING. I'M AFRAID OF THE SURGERY. MY COUSIN SAYS SHE ALSO HAD THIS DONE AND SHE EXPERIENCED THE DIARHEA AND CONSTIPATION STAGES MY QUESTION TO YOU IS HOW CAN A HERNIA CAUSE THE INTESTINAL PROBLEM?

|