Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Wisdom teeth surgery post op

Linnea13 - Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:56 pm

I cannot reach my Dr and I need to know by monday the weight restrictions since my job is very physical. I will be starting back to work five days after 4 wisdom teeth have been removed and the nurse was vague when she mentioned not lifting heavy weights and I was not exactly in a condition to ask her for more specifics at the time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:08 pm

User avatar A safe amount to lift is probably 10-15 pounds. As time goes on it will be safer to lift heavier things. The main concern is that lifting heavy objects can cause you to strain which can pull out stitches or cause areas to begin bleeding again.

Linnea13 - Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:45 pm

Iit has been over 24 hrs and the bottom left side of jaw, lip and chin is still numb. The left side is more swollen than the right. I am also getting shooting pains but I am not sure if it is into one of the molars or into the socket. Is this pain and or numbness normal? Should I contact my Dr today or can I wait until monday?

|