Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Where to go?

tatatt - Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:56 pm

I have a fried whose appendix ruptured in Nov., no one caught it for a month. So his appendix was inside of him and eating away at all his other organs. By the time he finally had surgery it was dried and stuck to his other organs. Well now it is Aug. and he still is not better. He has been in the hospital 13 times and had 5 or 6 surgeries since he first went in. His wound has been infected and he is in a lot of pain. My question is; is there a doctor that has dealt with this before, and how would I go about finding this Doctor?If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:09 am

User avatar Dear Tatatt,

If your friend was not operated upon by a gastro-intestinal surgeon, i would suggest that a gastro-intestinal surgeon takes a look at your friend.

|