News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Where to go?

tatatt - Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:56 pm

I have a fried whose appendix ruptured in Nov., no one caught it for a month. So his appendix was inside of him and eating away at all his other organs. By the time he finally had surgery it was dried and stuck to his other organs. Well now it is Aug. and he still is not better. He has been in the hospital 13 times and had 5 or 6 surgeries since he first went in. His wound has been infected and he is in a lot of pain. My question is; is there a doctor that has dealt with this before, and how would I go about finding this Doctor?If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:09 am

User avatar Dear Tatatt,

If your friend was not operated upon by a gastro-intestinal surgeon, i would suggest that a gastro-intestinal surgeon takes a look at your friend.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here