News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Advice regarding a recent injury to (deep cut to eye area)

Acrobat - Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:16 am

Hi i got cut under my eye playing sport and was hoping for some advice. Its not effecting the eye itself but is on the soft puffy skin under the eye where people get 'bags' from lack of sleep etc...

The cut is very deep and its bruised around the cut but it only bled for a few seconds and seems to have healed ok in the last 24 hours.

Im worried that it will leave a very noticable scar and i was wondering if i should goto a doctor to open up the cut and close it again using a paper stitch that boxers have.

Its only as wide as a finger so i would be embarassed to goto hospital etc.. but i really don't want to have an ugly scar on my face :(
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:02 am

User avatar Dear Acrobat,

i am not sure that a regular doctor will do that for a reason other than you wanting not to have a scar.

If you want this done, i think you will have to see a plastic surgeon.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here