Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Lump on Anus

geminiviper - Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:50 am

I am 21, in rather good health, with no damaging habits such as smoking or drinking. But I have a small lump about the size of a pencil eraser on the outside of my anus. My wife who is 20 and also in the same physical and healthy condition as myself also has one. Her's showed up first, it was there for 3-7 days and then went away. About a week later I had this lump show up. I have currently had it for 1 day. My wife also just noticed this lump coming back. The lump after 2-3 days is a little larger than a pencil eraser and is a dark purple or almost black in color. Normally there is no pain or irritation except during a bowel movement. There is no noticable blood release or pus release. It doesn't seam to be coming out of the anus as a hemmoroid. What is this lump? How do I get rid of it? Do I need to have it look at by a physician? Could the lumps be due to moving to a new city only weeks before the appearance of the lump? HELP! I don't like things on my butt. :shock:
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:50 pm

User avatar Dear GeminiViper,

i think this has to be looked at while it is there before it goes away like your wife's.

This might be as simple as a skin tag (also known as a sentinel pile) which is just a skin appendage up to an std.

|