Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: i have a very tender area just under left breast. What can t

lovey0188 - Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:46 pm

I have a very tender area about 2-3 inches below left breast. What can that be? It feels as though it is inflamed or bruised and I have not sone anything to this area. I am taking 7mg of cummidin daily. Could or could not be related.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:39 pm

This is not enough information to make a guess. There are many organs in the abdomen which can cause you pain. It would help to know when you experience the pain and is it better or worse after eating? Would you describe it as a sharp, stabbing pain, a dull ache or something else? Does it hurt with movement or breathing? Is is constant or intermittent? Is it lessening or getting worse? Is it relieved by antacids, food or anything else? Is it worse when you eat a particular food or drink? What is your age? What is the reason for the coumadin medication? Even with the answers we may have a hard time guessing the diagnosis but if it is sharp, getting worse, accompanied by fever or you just plain feel like things are going downhill fast, don't wait to see a doctor.

Good luck

|