News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: hit on head

tara - Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:03 am

HI i was laying down and i pulled a letter from over my bed and a cell phone hit my head pretty hard. I have a headache on my left side and was wondering if this is normal. i have the bruise above my eyebrow so thats where i believe i got hit. If your tempal gets hit do u die automatically. thank you.
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:14 am

User avatar Hello:
How long ago did this happen. If this has happened within the last day or so then it is normal to have a slight headache and soreness where the phone hit you. You would need to have a pretty hard hit for severe damage to be done. Did you pass out? What you described does not sound like it would cause too much damage. You do not automatically die if you get hit on the temple area. You would need to get hit pretty hard for it to cause you to die. However I was not there to see how hard you got hit so all I can suggest is that if the headache gets worse or you start feeling faint you should be seen by a doctor immediately.
Regards,
Carolyn

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here