Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Rectal Prolapse, or different?

stephen - Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:49 pm

Well, I have had crohn's disease and "rectal prolapse", I believe for a while.

I had a surgery for the prolapse last year, but it came undone the next day.

I have been having horrible problems with our current doctors... They do not think it is anything, but now, the prolapse or whatever it is, is blocking the entire "exit". There is hardly any way that anything can get out.

I am not quite sure which this is, prolapse, hemerroids, or a combination of both. One fourth of the flesh that comes out is black and blue, obviously quite bruised from straining, or whatnot.

I could attach a link to a photo, but I don't think it'd be appropriate for this forum (not sure).

I just need a doctors opinion, for I can show it to the supposed "Doctor" that I am going to now, for he might take us seriously, before my stomach explodes.

We have tried going to the emergency room as well, but all they do is send us straight home, after the blood test comes out okay.

Perhaps one of you doctors could contact me privately(PM/EMAIL), so we can discuss this matter further?

Or you can just reply to this thread, either way.

Dr. Russell M - Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:14 pm

User avatar Hi!

How can we be of help?

bill

|