News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: PAIN IN RIGHT TESTICLE

VIRSCO - Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:48 am

I have pain in my right testicle and it stays constantly throughout the day, although it has low magnitude all through the day but it increases to a much higher level whenever i experience erection only while i wore a tight underwear. The pain starts from near my navel and goes deep down into the right testicle and i also feel pain in my right calf. I don't feel that pain while having erection after wearing loose briefs and neither do i have any increased size of my testicle or hardness in that. I just turned 23 last month and I first felt this pain two years back when i was just doing exercise and since then i am feeling that pain each single day. I first thought it to be as muscular pain but recently I doubted prostate cancer or hernia. But, after reading about Varicecole I am quite confused about my condition and to whom shall i consult or what shall i do. I never had any surgery done but each doctor I consulted suggested me to ask a surgeon about my this condition. Please, help me out as soon as possible.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:49 am

User avatar Hello,
The fact that tight fitting underwear aggravates the pain suggests that it may not be varicocele, as in most cases of varicocele, scrotal support and elevation tends to relieve the pain.Also, the pain of varicocele is usually not referred to the penis and is not related to erections.Please get yourself examined by a urologist to exclude problems such as prostatitis, seminal vesiculitis Etc.Cheers!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here