Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Varicocele risks after marriage life

dee8668 - Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi doctor,
I am 23yrs old and i have varicocele problem. doctors confirmed this before 2yrs and finally a doctor said surgery is required only if i feel pain but at that time it was not paining but now again i started paining and size increased, i am very much worried and consulted the doctor and he said that it requires a surgery and i asked whether it will create infertile but he said that it might lead to infertile first we have test sperm count because it will cause loss of sperm count. Now i am ready for surgery but i am very much worried whether will it create infertile if i have less spem count. if sperm count is less, is it curable to give birth. Kinldy help me understand
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:46 pm

While variocele surgery is believed by many to improve fertility, there is currently some controversy over whether the surgery actually improves fertility or not. It is generally believed to be helpful, and rarely does it lead to complete infertility. In either case (surgery or no surgery) reduced fertility is a possibility, but this does not at all mean you would be less able to produce enough healthy sperm to cause pregnancy. It could possibly require more time, but not necessarily.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Please follow up with us here as necessary.

|