Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: CUT:SHOULD WE TRY TO RE-CONNECT THE TENDONS IN MY THIRD TOE?

mrt_man - Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:55 pm

I CUT MY FOOT AT THE BASE OF MY TOES YESTERDAY ON A GLASS. THE DOCTOR I DEALT WITH SAID THAT IT CUT THROUGH THE TENDONS AND INTO THE BONE ON MY THIRD TOE. HIS OPINION WAS THAT WE SHOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT TRYING TO RECONNECT THE TENDONS TO MY THIRD TOE, BECAUSE THAT TOE IS NOT ESSENTIAL FOR WALKING / BALANCE ETC. IS THIS A NORMAL AND OR OK PRACTICE TO JUST LEAVE THE TOE ALONE, OR SHOULD WE BE TRYING TO RECONNECT THE TENDONS? HE MENTIONED THE POSSIBILITY OF A CLUBBED TOE LATER IN LIFE. ARE THERE ANY OTHER POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS? RIGHT NOW IT IS STITCHED UP AND I AM ON IV ANTIBIOTICS 3X DAY FOR 2 DAYS TO PROTECT THE BONE FROM INFECTION.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:08 am

Your doctor is right. Just forget it.

|