Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Can cosmetic surgery be performed on the penis head?

JoeSmith9810 - Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:46 am

My penis head skin is damaged from severe inflammation and is also wrinkled and loose. I am really devastated by this and wondering if perhaps cosmetic surgery can help restore my skin back to the way it was before?

I still feel pain and burning sensations at times and I do know that we have to wait until all the inflammation has subsided. However, if cosmetic surgery is able to restore my skin that will be so wonderful.

Thank you very much.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:35 pm

For strictly cosmetic purposes it seems this is a drastic idea. The risks associated with surgery would not be worth it if function is not a problem. Of course they can do cosmetic surgery on just about anything but I would allow your body to heal itself completely over several months or even years before even considering such action as surgery.

JoeSmith9810 - Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Dear Debbie,

Thank you very much for your response. I totally understand what you are saying. However, I am having a really hard time trying to cope with what has happened. It looks pretty bad right now. The worst part is that this was self-inflicted (I rubbed the penis head too hard). Therefore, I cannot forgive myself for causing this injury.

It has been about two and a half months now and I am actually still feeling pain and burning sensations from the inflammed and irritated skin. I am really worried that perhaps the pain will not go away? I have seen a dermatologist and he said it looks okay but I keep telling him I still feel pain in that area. I have also thought about the idea of perhaps surgically removing the inflammed skin? The bottom line is I am really having a hard time dealing with this issue and sometimes the pain is really excruciating.

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:03 am

User avatar Hi JoeSmith9810,
I tend to agree fully with the views expressed by Debbie Miller, RN.The glans penis is covered by a very specialized skin which can't be re-created.One has to weigh the pros and cons.Best course of action would be to wait for the remodeling process to complete its role.

|