News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: inquinal hernia surery not healed been 6 months!

joopes83 - Fri May 08, 2009 3:24 pm

I am a 44 year old male with hypertension. I currently am taking 10 mg of Lisonopril daily. On Oct.24th I had hernia surgery. (not laproscopic) Everything went well. It looked completely healed after about 3 weeks. Well, about the 5th week, the incision split open and began draining a pinkish clearish substance. I saw the surgeon and he gave me an antibiotic and had me keep a dry gauze on it. About Jan. a suture began protruding from the incision area, i called the doc and he had me come in. He numbed me up and removed the suture. since then i get this lippy thing along with the oozing. Each time I see the doc, he cuts the lippy thing off, and bandages me up and has me come in the following week. So far he has cut on me 3 times to remove the lippy thing( he called it something, but i forget what that is). So it has been about 6 months, i still have the draining, and i still get the lippy thing. Can anyone tell me if this is something to be concerned about? What the heck is up? I just had my gall bladder removed 3 weeks ago, and everything healed up fine. Thanks for any help.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:31 pm

User avatar Hi,
I wonder if it was a mesh repair or any other kind of repair. Could have been deep SSI (surgical site infection). At times this kind of infection may lead to even extrusion of the mesh. Did the surgeon who operated you recently on your gall bladder have a look at the infection in your groin?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here