Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: could uterus adehsions have caused appendicitis??

djr1381 - Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:11 am

Okay I had my appendix removed because I had appendicitis with peri appendicitis... I was reading about other women with adhesions to body parts. After my surgery my surgeon told me my uterus was completely adhered to my abdominal wall. Could this have been caused by the adhesions. Also what other symptoms could be present because of these adhesions. Could sex drive be affected because of numerous scar tissue and adhesions? The night of my 3rd c section I lost a lot of blood and found out my scar tissue was so bad that I was advised to not have any more kids because of the scar tissue and the size of my children. 8 lbs 9 ozs 8 lbs 6 ozs and my girl 8 lbs. Please is this normal and possible that I lost my appendix because of this?????
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:37 am

User avatar Hi djr1381,
I note that your appendicectomy was in 2009 (last of all the surgical procedures you had undergone).Abdominal surgery is known to result in adhesions and repeated abdominal surgeries more so.Although theoratically it is possible that an appendix may get caughtup in the adhesions and result in an obstrutive appendicitis, it is perhaps too fafetched.It is more likely that the appendicitis was not in anyway connected to the adhesions.I do not believe that the adhesions would in anyway affect the sexual drive.Good luck!

Dr.M.Aroon Kamath.

|