Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: pain on right side of neck

romans83839 - Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:19 pm

Hi. I have been having recurring pain on the right side of my neck the past few days. It's like a lightning bolt and is about 2-3 inches below the right side of my jaw. Could it be the main artery in my neck? I'm 37 years old. Thanks.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:22 am

It would have bean easier if you could inform us more about the character of this pain, like the onset, the course, if it is related to certain movement or at rest, what aggravates, what help alleviate and any associated symptoms or signs.

If this pain is associated with cough, breathing problems it could be due to bronchitis.

If it is related to swallowing problems it could be either sore throat or esophagitis and esophageal spasm is the cause.

- Muscle spams due to improper movement or wrong posture could be another cause.

- Joint problems like spinal problems, gastroenteritis, and Temporomandibuilar Joints dysfunction which is associated with headache and clinching teeth.

|