News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Non surgical Symmastia correction?

Claire101 - Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:36 pm

Completely stupid idea I'm sure.
I have a mild case of symmastia from my breast augmentation 2 years ago, other than the 'double loaf' look in centre of the implants they are perfect. Would it be at all possible medically, even 1 in a million chance! that if I wore a thong bra religiously and breast massage could the central excess skin diminish?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:03 pm

User avatar Hi,
As you are perhaps fully aware, this is one of the complications following breast augumentation surgery. This complication is more likely in thinner women and especially more likely to occur in women with "pectus excavatum'.I do not know if you had any of these risk factors.
Wearing a Thong Bra or regular massages are extremely unlikely to correct this deformity.
It would be better(in my opinion) to go in for a surgical symmastia correction by a surgeon familiar with 're-do' surgery for this malady. Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here