News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Ear Surgery or Otoplasty

am_78692 - Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:04 am

I am a 23 year old guy. One of my ear is larger than the other, because of which I look quite awkward. Can it be corrected through surgery. If yes, what will be the approximate cost of it in India. Is there any ear surgery hospitals in Hyderabad or in Andhra Pradesh, India. Please help.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:52 am

User avatar Hi,
Presence of an excessively large pinna(external ear) is called Macrotia.
Normal range of height of external ear is approximately 5-6 cm and normal width is approximately 1-1.8 cm. In a 'Scaphoid ear deformity', only the upper third of the ear is big.
'Reduction' surgery or 'reduction sculpture' surgery is well known.But, this condition is not very frequent and the 'volumes' of cases done by an institution or an individual surgeon is bound to be (logically) not too vast (compared to mastoidectomies for example).
I really have no idea as to which institution in india is performing this procedure in high 'volumes', their results, or the costs involved.
Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here