Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: condom lost in rectum

aryan77 - Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi. I had anal sex with my girl friend and lost condom inside her rectum. We could not take it out. We have no idea what we should do now. is it dangerous or should we see a doctor?

thanks a lot, in advance.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:38 am

You have not mentioned when this happened.As the condom is soft and pliable, there is a good chance that it may be passed out during a bowel movement(has she been watching the stool since?).

It is unlikely to produce any serious mechanical problem(such as intestinal obstruction, intestinal perforation etc).

It may be worth watching the stool for any evidence of expulsion of the condom.
It is unlikely to show up on plain radiography.If you are still in doubt and too concerned, consult a surgeon and have her examined(proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and if needed, colonoscopy).