Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Hemorrhoid?

gbmustang - Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:45 pm

I have had a bump around the outside of my anus for about 2 weeks. It started out clearish/white, and became about the size of a dime, and was hard, and now is softer and just there. Throughout this I have had no pain, itching, bleeding at all. The bump is just a dark blue/purple color, and it's just there and annoying. I searched around the internet and am pretty sure it is a hemorrhoid. I looked for causes, and one said sever coughing, which is what I think caused it because I had a really bad case of bronchitis when it appeared. What should I do about it. It's not hurting or bothering me, it just gets in the way while wiping. I'm only 17, and am kind of embarassed to consult my parents but will if it need be, but I'd rather take care of this naturally w/o surgery.
 jeanniern - Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:19 am

You are probably right, It does not sound like anything serious. If it is a hemmorrhoid, you can actually push it back into your rectum using your finger.
 ankukreja - Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:11 am

Hi
Sad you had it at a tender age
It appears you had a silent thrombosed hemorrhoid
The only thing I will suggest is prevent getting constipated to keep away from further damage
Get well soon
Dr Kukreja

|