Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: breast enlargement

sept2009mia - Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:02 am

i am really down and have been for years about the size of my breasts i have been to the gp but im to embarressed to tell them exactly how i feel. i am even thinking about doing my own surgery with chicken fillets. my doctor told me to get in contact with spire hospital but the cost is too much and now im feeling more down knowing that i will never take my daughter swimming or get in the bath with her, that i will never wear nice clothes. me and my partner are engaged but i don't want to wear a wedding dress due to this problem it is really affecting my life and i hate it but cant do anything about it but insert my own fillets.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:13 pm

I empathize with you on how you feel about your body-image. Breast augmentation is however only one of the answers for this. If anyone in this situation has to wait a while (for any reason) to undergo surgery, it would be a good idea to utilize this 'waiting period' to get oneself counseled, before an informed opinion is arrived at as to the best 'individualized' management modality. Good luck!

|