News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Facial Injury

nicolarichards - Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:03 am

:(
Can you help?

About 7 months ago I fell over and hit my cheekbone really hard. It was grazed and really swollen. The graze has now completely gone but still some swelling remains on the spot I hit it and in the surrounding area under the eye.

Every night I use moist warm heat on it for about 20 mins and I am also taking vitamin E tablets and putting cream with vitamin E on it as I understand that helps to reduce the swelling.

It still seems to be taking forever to go.... is there anything else I can do? Will it go eventually?

Please help!!
 Rhonda P, CEP - Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:37 pm

User avatar Hello,

7 months is too long to go without medical attention, especially if you are still having swelling and pain. You could have a fractured facial or orbit (eye socket) bone, damaged muscles or nerves or injury to your eyeball. Is your pupil the same size as the other one? Do they constrict and dilate the same way? Does it hurt or have you noticed a restriction in eye movement? You need to have X-ray’s done on your cheek and eye area right away, the swelling is an important warning sign.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here