Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Lump

llaustin - Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:27 pm

I have a tennis-ball sized lump at the base of my neck/top of my back in the middle. This has been here for awhile, noticeable off and on, but recently seems to be bigger and more pronounced, and also tender and sore. It seems to move around and also seems to feel somewhat feverish - although that could be my imagination. I've read that this might be a cyst - should I be alarmed and go to emergency?

Thank you!
 llaustin - Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:09 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on this?? Help!
 Crazy8 - Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:40 pm

DUDE! You should atleast go in to the doctors and check it out! theres always that little risk if you don't!
 NikkyLeClair - Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:45 am

Any lump on your neck, especially one that changes in size should be checked by a specialist. It could be a cyst if it frequently changes in size. But tennis ball size is quite large and should be checked.

Nikky, MA

|