Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Hernia Surgery

rob4876f - Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:12 pm

I have had two hernia surgeries years ago. The past week i developed an itching inside my stomach and pelvic area. It starts at my belly button and goes to my testicles and can be itched from either spot. Any ideas if it has to do with the hernias or what it could be
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:53 am

You have not mentioned which type of hernias were repaired in your case. However, hernia surgery per-se is highly unlikely to be a cause for the itching that you describe. Localized itching over scars is well known and occurs in some individuals (especially in keloidal scars). You need to consult a dermatologist first to exclude a dermatological cause.
Good luck!