News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Hemorrhoid Problems

DG55 - Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:39 pm

Hi!

Im male, 18 years of age.
Recently, to my suprise, I seemed to notice some mild burning upon defecation. I initially thought it was an anal fissure. A few days later I noticed some itching around the anal area. A few days after that I noticed, after defecation, a small freshy bump protruding from the anus. It seems pretty much the symptoms of an internal hemorrhoid.

However, theres no bleeding, or excruciating pain. A mild itching and the presence of itself upon going to the toilet are the only issues.

It was quite suprising, it seemed to just appear out of nowhere. I didnt have any obvious problems with constipation, or dihorrea. I'm obviously quite young, to boot, so its not as if it had time to build up.

I know the fundementals of hemorrhoids and home treatment, although im not totally sure.
Im not that keen on seeing a doctor about it until I try some remedies for a week or two at least.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Why could this have started in the first place? Is it likely to go away easily?

Thanks.
 castanza - Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:19 pm

Despite all the old stories, my money is that they're usually caused by poor diet. When you hear talk about eating more fiber, believe it. The key is that you have to be consistent about it, and not go back to a low-fiber diet once all is well. Get more veggies, switch to whole wheat, re-discover how good strawberries are, and drink more water. That may help to not even notice them again.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here