News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: golfing injury?

tonyt0801@aol.com - Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:07 pm

While golfing, I felt as if I had pulled a muscle on the left side of my rib cage (it was a great drive though). I tried to continue to play but was in absolute pain and had too give it up. This was a week ago and it does not to seem to be getting any better. In fact, sneezing and coughing literally bring tears to my eyes and I double over in extreme pain. I have no other symptoms, but am getting concerned because it does not seem to be improving in the least bit. Any advise as to what may be wrong and what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much, T.
P.S. I learned that slowing down my swing greatly improves my pathetic attempt at golf!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:58 am

User avatar Tony,
It may be that you strained a muscle while you were swinging. Depending on the force involved this may have lead to partial or complete tear. This will need quite a bit of rest and anti-inflammatory pain killers.
 ybenningz - Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:16 am

I woke up one morning and started sneezing, I felt this incredible pain. The pain felt like a pop, located around my lower rib towards my back. The pain is severe when I sneeze or cough. I woke up the third morning and the sneezing started again, the first sneeze was bearable. The more I sneeze the pain got worse, I can touch below the rib and feel the pain. The funny thing is that the pain feel like it moved from the back to the side. The closer I touch by the rib the pain becomes worse.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here