News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Can anyone Help?? Eye and Heart worries

caffeine - Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:40 pm

Ok I have a few things that are really freaking me out lately. If anyone could help I would be eternally grateful. One of my problems is for about a week every few months I get this little black and white flashing dot in the periferal vision of my right eye. It goes away and returns randomly. I have also been noticing my heart is beating irregularly, it wiil beat normally for a while and then stop for a split second, then give a hard beat and start beating normally again. I don't have medical ins. or I'd just go to the Dr. I'm 28 years old My father and mother both have Diabetes and I'm obese (6', 350lb.). If anyone can give me a clue as to what it may be I would really aprecaite it.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:55 pm

User avatar Caffeine,
You seem to be experiencing a musca in your right eye. This basically is a something that is floating inside your eye (e.g. a tiny blood clot). Its not dangerous as long as it doesnt grow or increase in number. It should go away soon or at most your brain will learn to eliminate it. It can be seen more evidently when you are looking at a plain surface e.g. sky, water in the swimming pool or even a sheet of white paper.

You are also complaining of what is known as palpitations (the sense of feeling your heart beating). Normally the heart beats steadily in the background and we don't notice it. We begin to notice when its speed varies (abnormalities of rate) or when it changes rhythm (abnormalities of rhythm). This is a situation where your pulse should be examined by a doctor or RN.

My best to you!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here