Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Lump Near My Upper Thigh?

Lil Kis - Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:38 am

Ok well out of the blue I noticed this or it must of gotten bigger. My partner first discovered lumps near my upper thigh and said I should get them checked out so I did. My doctor told me that they were just glands. Is this true? I never noticed lumps like this on other people but why on me if it's just glands? Why can i feel mine but not others? After the doctor felt my last lump he noticed that one of them may be a hernia? I am going to see a radiology today to get that checked out. Also the doctor said not to anything at from midnight until my appointment on that day for the testing in the radiology. Accidently I did I woke up at 2:30 in the morning and ate some food and drank 2 sodas forgetting about my appointment. an I still go to this appointment too? And what will hapen because I ate and drank after midnight? My appointment is at 10:15 am.

thank you for answerin all these questions
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:07 am

User avatar Fasting is generally not necessary before radiological tests, unless gastrointestinally related. Perhaps your doctor wants a blood test, some require fasting. Call your doctor first thing and inform him, usually 8 hours is OK, but may not be in your case with the two cokes, unless sugar free, and if you ate anything with sugar in it. Check with your doctor, he obviously had a good reason to ask you to fast.

|